Wolfpack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolfpack

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bring everyone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 6:03 am

I think if we can invite any of here what we played with from our mechwarrior past and future would be good Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lightboxmagic.com
Orion
Khan

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:26 am

Unfortunately, I have lost touched with most of those folks
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=32001&TabID=286270
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Yeah me too Sad oh well. Hey so there is some good news with Battletech events outside of Living Legends. The guy that set up and foundend both Battletech and FASA interactive (people that made Mechwarrior) has just obtained the license from Microsoft. For a new project. We are not sure what he is working on atm... there was some conjecture it could be a Battletech/Mechwarrior MMO! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:25 pm

I still have contact with Xman and maniac. Ill see if I can get them in here. I also still see Dark Knight. Im not sure about him though.
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Tibrojo wrote:
I still have contact with Xman and maniac. Ill see if I can get them in here. I also still see Dark Knight. Im not sure about him though.

be nice to get Dark Knight on here! Orion, is anyone in your EQII clan interested?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Khan

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:16 pm

There are quite a few folks that have expressed interest to me, about checking out a new MW game
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm

So when the LL update comes out for Crysis, will we be trying to get a unit going?
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 3:40 pm

That I belive is the lose plan, but it could be any Mechwarrior game.. whatever comes out first of seems the best we are going to go with. Orion and I have talk about it a little already. I'm not sure what Orions views are as of this current time, but I'd say he is still game Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 5:11 pm

Speaking of game, would we all three like to play some hard core sometime? Just to keep the trigger finger in practice? Cool
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 5:13 pm

well I am game Smile when are you around to play?
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 4:56 am

Maybe about 5PM EST today or tomorrow? That would be a decent time for you as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Khan

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 12:35 pm

I don't have HC installed, and have very little interest in doing the installs. I tried getting back into HC last year, but the game is so outdated graphically, and bugs still exist in the game, that I stopped playing after a few days.

I want the next generation of a MW Sim to play. Plus, I do have a current commitment to my EQ2 unit. I am an Officer and the Priest Class Leader of our Guild. We just got a new expansion with shitloads of zones and new things to do. So, until we get a new MW Sim that is worth playing, I will stay committed to my EQ2 unit.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Khan

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Tibrojo wrote:
So when the LL update comes out for Crysis, will we be trying to get a unit going?

Providing this game is worth going full-bore.... YES, I intend to play MWLL full time, with 100% commitment. I am not saying I will be the Unit Leader, but am not adverse to it. That is a bridge to cross when we come to it. I have spoken to several old friends from my MW4 days, and they have all expressed interest in getting something going.

The people I play Everquest2 with know that I am a Mechwarrior deep down. And, they also know that when the next generation of a MW Sim comes out, I am 99.9% likely to leave EQ2 to continue my MW career. (the .1% chance that I would not leave EQ is if a new MW game is not worth playing).

In my 3 years of playing EQ2, I, along with old friends, who I play EQ2 with, Stone Rhino and Soupcan, openly discuss our days as Mechwarriors. This has sparked a lot of interest within my EQ2 community. People who have never played any MW game come to me and ask me details about the game and how it is played, within a Planetary League setting. I would just go on and on, describing the intensity, diversity, and fun playing a MW Sim.

I know for a fact that Stone Rhino and Soupcan will be leaving EQ2, so we can play MW again together. I cannot give exact numbers of who else may leave EQ2 to play the next MW game, but, I would say that between 8-12 people (possibly more) would at least come and check it out. I would approximate the total number of people looking join us in conquering the galaxy is around 16, with a fair portion of those folks being totally new to MW. Keep in mind, that just about all of these people are MMO's, and they have no clue what it means to pilot a Battlemech directly. They only know through stories told by Stone, Soup and me.
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 pm

We can train them in the ways of the clan my friend Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 3:08 pm

Keep in mind, we wont all be ground pounders this time. Very Happy I plan on being the fighter jock over your head.

However, I also wouldnt forget what a Mad Dog is Razz
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight
Mechwarrior

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Here I am!   bring everyone EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Flynn, Tibrojo long time no see. Orion, well met, any friend of these two is a friend of mine.

My word hasn't it been a long time (5-6 years isn't it?) I've since graduated uni here in the UK and work in boring IT (well it's not that bad I suppose)

So tell me how are you all and what have you all been up to since NWH times. There is loads to catch up on I'm sure.

Speak soon,

DK
Back to top Go down
Orion
Khan

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 11:44 pm

Guys... don't forget that I have a dedicated Ventrilo server running. I posted info in another thread. Feel free to jump on there to catch up with each other. I can't say that I would always be available to chat on Ventrilo, given my current commitment to my EQ2 guild, but if I see ya guys on, and am not in the middle of things, I will be happy to to chat with ya!
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 4:30 am

Dark Knight wrote:
Hi Guys,

Flynn, Tibrojo long time no see. Orion, well met, any friend of these two is a friend of mine.

My word hasn't it been a long time (5-6 years isn't it?) I've since graduated uni here in the UK and work in boring IT (well it's not that bad I suppose)

So tell me how are you all and what have you all been up to since NWH times. There is loads to catch up on I'm sure.

Speak soon,

DK

holy moly Very Happy

Dark Knight!!!! haha it's really good to see you man! You still working at PC World? Razz I'm doing pretty good, Living in Ireland now, working as a Designer at a newspaper happy days Razz I was not around much due to having no Internet for like about 2 years.. well any kind of internet to be able to play a computer game with.

But now I'm back baby. While I'm not playing MW4 in the league anymore (cos there is no Euro units, I did try to play again though) so I am running Wolf Dragoon's in NBT-Classic which is basiclly playing the Battletech board game (using MegaMek) under the planetary league rules. Also been playing a bit of C&C3 online too recently.

Also on a side note... yeah everyone make Orion's Ventrilo server (Clan Wolf Channel) your new comm home Smile there is a sticky in the forum with the details Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight
Mechwarrior

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 5:15 am

Nice to see you Flynn. My PCWorld days are long behind me. I'm a Solutions Architect for Servers and Storage in Tech Data UK (Computer 2000) The second largest IT Distributor in the world, Largest in the UK. It is a sweet job but I'd love to find a job in another sector than IT...

I've given up on MW4 now as it is too dated and bug filled now to warrant putting my time in. I've tried Megamek but never really got to grips with it. (Flynn feel free to help me out figuring it out!!)

Will look into getting on Ventrilo server to catch up.
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 5:42 am

Dark Knight wrote:
I've tried Megamek but never really got to grips with it. (Flynn feel free to help me out figuring it out!!)

This I can help you with Smile I am still a n00b myself, but I started to win a few games now. Even if you learn the MM client, it's only half the game, you need to have an understanding of the Battletech rules, but using MM does make it a lot easyer to play over the tabletop version. I know enough to get you playing though Smile I am going to buy the TW rules, to get a better undertstanding of them. While I have learned some of the most important ones which effect your play, I still learn everytime I play a game.

When are you around to get a game in? Also I dunno if your on MSN anymore?
Back to top Go down
Rapheus Beytorn
Mechwarrior

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 10:30 am

I'm in a rush at this point in time, but I promise to post a proper greeting very soon. Tibs, Orion and Flynn; its great to see you guys online. This is a great idea to keep in touch like this. Dark Knight, where the hell have you been mate. Its damn good to hear from you. We're going to have to catch up sometime very soon man.

Happy new year and all the best guys, <S>

Rapheus
<AKA Raphek for you old schoolers>

PS: Anyone who wants to play or learn more about Megamek, just message me. rapheusbeytorn@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight
Mechwarrior

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 11:01 am

Raphek!!! I'm good mate, grown up a bit since we last spoke. I think I kinda drifted away from MW and unfortunately didn't have many peoples msn.

Anyway it's been years since I've heard head nor tail of you man, how are you, what are you upto now?

Also I'm up for learning Mega-Mek. I think Flynn and I are gonna do a training session tonight!
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 am

Raph will be joining us tonight DK Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bring everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: bring everyone   bring everyone Empty