Wolfpack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolfpack

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crysis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Crysis   Crysis EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:51 pm

Hey all,

I just finished the campaign version of the game. The graphics were truly wonderful. I can see that if Battlemechs were added to some of those maps, hehe, you would NEED jumpjets Razz

As far as the storyline of the game, I think that would make a good movie. I look forward to Mech LL's now Very Happy

Rojo
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:31 am

I still need a computer to even play this game ugggg....
Back to top Go down
http://www.lightboxmagic.com
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:25 am

Well,
Mine is a 2.8 gig dual core with 2 gigs of ram and a 512MB vid card and I was running everything at minimum hehe Razz
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:33 am

Tibrojo wrote:
Well,
Mine is a 2.8 gig dual core with 2 gigs of ram and a 512MB vid card and I was running everything at minimum hehe Razz

wow :S I'm thinking about getting a Mac pro for my new computer, and having windows on it as well. The system would be 8-Core (2 Xeon Quard Cores) 2.8 Gig's, 6 Gig of RAM, Geforce 8800GTS
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptyWed May 07, 2008 2:48 pm

That sounds cool. The interesting part was that I had to run my Crysis on EVERYTHING minimum Shocked When I bought this PC I thought it would be able to do whatever I wanted for quite a while. I just didnt think I would be back to running programs on minimum this soon hehe.
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptyWed May 07, 2008 3:07 pm

I think Crysis is a one off in that situation Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:15 am

I can see where the MW LL's guys could have some work cut out for them though. I can see the main issue WOULD be the mechlab.

In the game you just drop as a footsoldier and then can go get in a Humvee, or tank, or you can even man a mounted gun position. However, there is no way to customize the tank or humvee. There is one mission where you actually drop in the tank, so I guess it could be possible.

Another problem is that the tank seemed to me to be one big hitbox. I can see them adding hitboxes that we mech guys are accustomed to might be a problem.

Now the elemental suit is actually alot like the exosuit that you use in the game. So I can see that would be a more simple modification.

There are a few missions where you are flying the dropship. This reminds me alot of the one from Mechassault2. Now the flight on this one is very simplified and I can see you wouldn't need to be a 10 year flight sim veteran to be able to fly it. Not like Battlefeild 2. The blackhawk in that one is very realistic and I even find it challenging to pilot under fire.
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:54 am

I did not know you played Battlefield 2 Tib?! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibrojo
Mechwarrior
Tibrojo

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:45 pm

In instant action but never online. I remember once I had some bots in the cargo area and was going to make a fast run. I approached low and fast and flared right over a parking area between some barracks and a vehicle shed. Right as I stabilized the hover and started to descend, a ZSU-30 (which I didnt manage to see) opened up on me. While I managed to skid vilolently to the right I remember getting into a pilot induced ocilation and hit a hill side. I remembered remarkingto myself then how realistic the flight model was for the helo.

I have also flown the AH-1 in one of the other missions in instant action and found that to be very enjoyable. Still, my point was that I didnt quite expect the flight model to be quite that realisic and unforgiving in a game like that.
Back to top Go down
flynn
Admin
flynn

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:14 am

In BF1942 with the Desert Combat Mod (which was kind of pre cursor to BF2) All the helicopters were seriouslly hard to fly! I'm talking serious! It really took a lot of skill. For BF2 it was much easyer to fly the Helicopters in general, while like you say still feeling pretty realistic.
Back to top Go down
Stone Rhino
Mechwarrior

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:58 am

4400+ AMD Dual Core ( 2200 x 2 d'oh )
2 Gig RAM
x8800GT 512MB
XP of course

Tweaked the .ini a bit to be able to see alot of the very high stuff, like the volumetric stones on the ground and the sunshine etc, so basically running it at very high i got almost stable 30 fps with the exception of 2 or 3 scenes. Like when that Alien plows throught he Ship in the First level for some reason my frames went down to 10 on that :/

I wouldn't say i got a highend rig at all. But then again even on the other 2 scenes at lower frames it still played damn smooth compared to other games with lower frames ( no stuttering but still smooth movements and no lags ).
Of course i don't know how it will perform in a multiplayer environment since i don't play it online. I hate first person shooter online, eventhough MW is basically one in a wide spectrum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis   Crysis Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolfpack :: Wolf Den-
Jump to: